Every summer we invite a number of families to share the space around An Tionól Cottage with us for one week or two weeks at a time. We create an intercultural group between our team, our family and the families participation in the gathering.
Accommodation is in three very comfortable wooden cabins, one rustic little cottage and two large and well-equipped tipis. We also have 3 outdoor eco-toilets and showers.
This enables us to give every family their own space, while there are also public spaces in and beside the main house which we use at mealtimes and for some of the workshops.
There are usually between 4 to 5 families on each programme, up to a maximum of sixting people. This allows for plenty of individual space, but every year we also see very strong groups forming and this is what really transforms the time into a magical experience for everyone.
Green Spiral is a community adventure in English, where we accompany the processes of learning and playing with respect and without judgement. We have English classes five mornings a week where there is a focus on communication but also space for work on structures if this is required.
The English activities for younger kids focus very much on play, learning in the forest and creative education. This year we will focus of building and creating a specific project with real tools, building trust, self confidence and real freedom to work together as a team, make mistakes, laugh and learn from each other. After lunch there is a wide variety of workshops and outings, with the emphasis on personal and group experience through English.
The list of activities varies slightly from year to year, but always reflects our beautiful rural surroundings and our desire to blend individual learning with the growth of the group.
Typically they include:
- Intuitive Archery
- Yoga at a nearby yoga centre, accompanied by a short walk down a country road
- Qi Gong – an ancient Chinese energy healing method
- Tibetan breathing Yoga
- Meditation (mindfulness & zen)
- Conscious cooking & eating-Alchemy in my kitchen
- Organic agriculture
- The magic of music, drumming and singing
- Creative gardening-Herb Lore
- Forum Theatre
- House concert – there is a particularly rich musical heritage in our area, so we like to invite local musicians along
- Soul Painting – a meditative space for soul retrieval, in search of your own creativity
- The Living Forest, earthing, nature connection and forest bathing
- Introduction to non-violent communication & focussing, new paradigms of communication.
- Coach tour to Cliffs of Moher, Ireland’s most spectacular tourist attraction and Galway city
- Sauna in the forest (optional). An opportunity to experience sauna in a magical place at a neighbouring farm
- 27th to 2nd August ( one week gathering)
- 2nd to 15th of August ( two week gathering)
- 16th to of 23rd August ( one week gathering)
- Children €650
- Adults: €700
- Children €1150
- Adults €1300