LET YOUR BODY WISDOM GUIDE YOUR STEPS
British Focusing Association (BFA) Certifed – 8 participants only
What do you do when you want to let go of something in you, but it is not ready to let go of you!?
How wonderful would it be if you could ‘be with yourself’ in a way that inspired flow and movement even with the most challenging of patterns, to tap into your innate body wisdom?
You can! Learn how to Travel Lighter in your life with Gene Gendlin’s Focusing Method.
What is Focusing?
Focusing is gentle and profound. It is a natural way of paying attention to oneself and others that is based in concrete inner experience. By focusing inwardly and listening to your body, you can understand how you truly feel about your circumstances, a specific situation or a relationship. Embracing the flow of feelings in a non-judgmental way offers a fresh and new transformational process.
And that results in forward flow of well-being, balance and self-awareness.
Focusing allows access to deeper levels of awareness, wisdom, and self-guidance that reside inside each of us. Through an easily learned, step-by step process, Focusing teaches how to turn our attention inside our bodies where we carry all our personal experiences, memories, sensations, emotions and feelings, even parts that we never thought there were there.
It is a moment by moment way of ‘coming home’ to yourself. It is an exquisitely sensitive way of listening to or sensing what our (inner) world is telling us, often in the form of subtle feelings/sensations, in a way that is safe and gentle. It offers a creative and quietly profound way of being even with what we find most difficult and challenging. In focusing we are often pleasantly surprised by fresh or new spaces emerging, even from ‘impossibly stuck’ places. It is, in my experience a deeply satisfying process allowing my heart and soul space to breathe and be itself, to find its own sense of rightness.
The course of 5 Modules
1 Module = 1 session of 2 hours per week for 6 weeks, Monday morning from 10 to 12 pm ( Irish time).
This Focusing 5 Module Course offers a means to;
- Develop a grounded and balanced sense of yourself
- Compassionately respond to your inner judge
- Enable a gentle and deep inner healing process
- Develop empathic and sensitive listening
- Enjoy an enriched sense of sharing and communing with others
- Learn to sense and befriend your body in a new & empowered way
- Living from the unfolding fresh momentThis program offers not only an enrichment in well-being but a profoundly deep sense of connection and sharing with an inclusive sense of community experience, where there is an emphasis on Focusing practice between the sessions.
What can you expect in any one session
- Enjoy the closeness and intimacy of others on a shared journey
- Hear and see the others as you interact and explore focusing
- Do exercises, demonstrations and explore focusing together
- Connect with individuals and the whole group (up to 8)
- Focusing sessions between online sessions
- Focusing approaches including Focusing as shared by its founder Eugene Gendlin, wholebody Focusing,
- Inner relationship Focusing and Bio-Spiritual Focusing as well as Thinking at the Edge and the Philosophy of the implicit.
- An online course, How?
• This online course offers a very convenient way o to participate from the comfort of home, avoiding travel and whilst enjoying a sense of connection and community. We will use Zoom – easy to download with the option to use a free phone based conference facility if need be.
• You will be given a copy of the recording for your learning library
The 5 Modules;
Titles and dates for the 5 Modules
Modules & Schedule:
Titles and dates for the 5 Modules Module
Module 1: First steps in your Focusing Journey: An introduction (6th September – 11th October)
Module 2: Focusing and journeying deeper to travel lighter (25th October – 29th November)
Module 3: Focusing and the joy of the senses (10th January – 14th February)
Module 4: Focusing and Going solo; journeying in confidence (28th February – 4th April )
Module 5: Deeper and Further; seasoning your Focusing and Listening practice (18th April – 23rd May)
Overview of the Focusing Modules 1 – 5
Module1: First Steps on your Focusing Journey
- A comprehensive introduction to focusing
- Allow you to engage in focusing partnerships
- Exploring the landscape – Focusing and silent listening
- Describing and resonating
- Letting it be there as fully as it wants to be
- The shape of the Focusing process
Module 2: Focusing and journeying deeper to travel lighter
- The power of the word “something”
- The felt sense and qualities of it
- Ways of beginning a Focusing session
- GAP Grounded Aware Presence
- Clearing a space
- Inviting the felt sense of a specific issue
- Becoming a true companion
- Focusing partnerships
Module 3: Focusing and the joy of the senses
- The gifts of the body in Focusing and Companioning
- Whole body aliveness as a gateway to the bigger space
- Allowing something to be there more fully – and to find its own way forwards
- Movement in Focusing
- Gestures and postures which symbolize a felt sense
- Simple exercises to awaken inner-directed movement
- Sensing both challenge and enjoyment with equal positive regard
- Whole-body listening
- Tips for silent Focusing / Tips for companioning a silent focuser
Module 4: Going solo Companioning for more Depth
- Self-guiding skills and Phrases
- Working with complex edges
- Deepening contact and receiving
- Teamwork – offering suggestions to the focuser?
- Some tips for the listener
- Tips for the focuser
- Not colluding with bias
- Inviting direct relationship
Module 5: Focusing and Freedom
- Focusing and exploring the meaning ‘Spiritual’
- What limits us and our potential
- What does freedom mean?
- Religion and Focusing
- Is there a self in all these ‘visitors’ and ‘Somethings’?
- Resting in the Limitless
When making a contribution is meant to be an expression of generosity and innate human gratitude, a way of valuing the teachings and a means of maintaining the well-being of those who have committed their lives on this path. Your generosity is a gift that supports not just the teacher, but also the larger community, and your own practice.
Suggested price per module (€125 – €250) If you can offer more, you facilitate the possibility of participation of other people who need support at this time.
You can make the contribution at the start of each module. Once you sign up for the course you are expected to commit to the full payment for the year. For more information or to reserve your place, contact me: email@example.com
Facilitates Marta Fabregat
MA Social and Cultural Mediator & Conflict Resolution
Community Development & Restorative Practice
Certified Nonviolent Communication Trainer
Certified Focusing Practitioner & Teacher, TIFI ( CIT ) Community Plant Healing practice and nature connection
https://www .cnvc.org/profle/15845 https://www.focusing.ie/professionals/13-marta-fabregat
On completion of this BFA Certified Foundation Course
This course is BFA (British Focusing Association) accredited and can also be TIFI certified, and the first step to becoming an accredited Practitioner of Focusing. You will have the option to enter the practitioner level training or to invest further in your own Focusing process.
Above all this course is a deep initiation into your own Focusing process and becoming your closest life companion.
You can make your contribution to this bank account: Marta Fabregat
IBAN no: IE73 BOFI 9038 6784 2170 03
BIC no: BOFIIE2D
“Your physically felt body is in fact part of a gigantic system of here and other places, now and other times, you and other people in fact the whole universe” Eugene Gendlin